We are the best dental clinic for porcelain crowns in delhi. It used to be that when porcelain was used for crowns, it had to have a metal foundation in order to be strong enough to hold up well. However, with advanced bonding technology, dental crowns can be made out of pure porcelain.
What does this mean for you? It means you can have beautiful crowns on your front teeth that look totally natural – exactly like real teeth. Nothing is like porcelain for mimicking the appearance of natural teeth. The gloss, the translucency, and the vitality are an exact match. And with the trained and artistic eye we can match your existing teeth in color, shape, and character.
All-porcelain crowns compared with porcelain-fused-to-metal
- All-porcelain crowns are translucent, just like natural enamel. When porcelain is baked onto metal, it requires an opaquer layer that detracts from the natural beauty
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns invariably develop a black line at the gumline. Dentists try to hide this line under the gum, but they’re not always successful. A “porcelain butt margin” can make the line a little less noticeable, but it will still be there. All-porcelain crowns have a seamless bonded margin that is invisible, so there is no black line.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns are strong enough to hold up on molar teeth. All-porcelain crowns aren’t quite as strong, but are plenty strong enough to hold up on front teeth.
- All-porcelain crowns require advanced bonding technology that many dentists aren’t familiar with. Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns can be cemented with basic techniques that are taught in dental schools.
- Beautiful, artistically crafted all-porcelain crowns from a trained cosmetic dentist will probably cost more than ordinary porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns from a general dentist. But if your appearance is important to you, it’s well worth the extra investment!
You probably have seen people with crowns on their front teeth, so you know how fake they can look. Here’s a sample of what you may have seen. It’s not too hard to pick out which teeth have crowns in the photo on the left:
Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns. Notice the flat, opaque appearance and the characteristic black line at the gumline, partially hidden in this picture.
The same smile, with beautiful all-porcelain crowns, that perfectly mimic existing teeth.
During your initial consultation, we will discuss the goals you want to achieve with you teeth and what results you can expect by having a beautiful all-porcelain crown placed. During your appointment, your tooth will be shaped for perfect placement of the final porcelain crown. We will take an impression of your tooth, and choose a perfect shade to match your teeth. The impression, color and shape specifications are sent to a master ceramist at our dental lab for custom manufacture. In the meantime, We will place a temporary crown for you to use until your final appointment. Once the porcelain crown is back from the lab, you will visit us again for the permanent placement. We and our team are the best dental clinic for porcelain crowns in delhi.